Changing field target?

1. hello everyone. I am having a hard time figuring out how to change the target of buff/healing area spells such as invoke ground, force field or healing circle. Whenever I move the circle pad it just changes into this area targeting. However I booted my PS2 copy and I remembered with the D-pad I could change the target of my spell so that it "homed" on my party members... was that option completely taken off? or is there a way to do it that I just have not figure out?

User Info: zidart

zidart - 4 years ago

Answers

1. Um, been a while since I used my 3DS version, but I think you need to use the slide pad for it, not the d-pad.

C-A

User Info: CatMuto

CatMuto (Expert) - 4 years ago 0 1
  2. When you use spells like Invoke Ground, and the such, it will look like the targeting field, but there will be a blue circle that you can move around using the circle pad. Hope this helps.

User Info: iHawkTaka

iHawkTaka - 4 years ago 0 1
  3. It IS the d-pad that's used to select certain allies/enemies for area-of-effect arte that you make computer-controlled ally cast via the battle menu, while the Circle Pad allows you to menuver said arte around said character. Example: if you're trying to cast a healing arte & a KOed character is "selected" on the bottom of the screen, the game won't let you no matter where you aim it. However, if you "target" an active character, you can aim that arte anywhere you want!

User Info: sonicking2004

sonicking2004 - 4 years ago 0 1
  4. For buffing/Healing single characters: When you select a buffing spell, look at the caster's picture at the bottom of the top screen. It WILL say target at the bottom of their picture. Then use the slide pad by pushing it once to the right to target the next character on the right (it will say target underneath the second person's picture).

Area buffing/Healing: unfortunately this option has been taken out. when you attempt to target an area for buffing, you will have to move the slide pad and the blue area circle will show even though it says target underneath the caster's picture. So no homing anymore.

Hope this helps.

User Info: DarkLink50

DarkLink50 - 4 years ago 0 0