Can you control characters other than Luke in battle?

1. I see that you apparently can in the PS2 version, but I'm most of the way through the game and have assumed the whole way I can only control Luke... in battle. I'm not talking about the flag thing where you can appear as other characters, I just want to use Guy fully in battle. Is that possible?
    MasterLightning - 4 years ago

Answers

1. Yes. For one, you can just place your preferred character to first position in the menu by pressing right and using A on the two characters whose position you want to change. During battle, if you have the Moon Selector - which is auomatically obtained upon leaving Vaticule - open the menu and press Start to switch to the next character.

C-A

CatMuto (Expert) - 4 years ago 0 0
  2. I thought that you got the moon selector in the Fubras river behind those non-broken planks...
    Garioshi - 4 years ago 0 0
  3. Yeah, you can switch Luke with other party members in & out of battle. To switch characters outside of battle, you need the S Flag that's found in Cheagle Woods. It lets you switch Luke with someone else & control that character on the world map & in towns. The Moon Selector key item lets you switch characters when you open the menu & use the start button. I like using the Moon Selector a lot because it makes it easier to use Mystic Artes in battle.
    JadeTorchwood - 3 years ago 0 0
  4. Tear,Jade,Guy,Anise,Natalia
    jml2002 - 3 years ago 0 0
  5. First of, Ill differentiate the following...
    S Flag: You can change the character you're controlling OUT/NOT IN BATTLE.
    Moon Selector: You can change the character you're controlling IN/DURING BATTLE.

You'll get S Flag in Cheagle Woods, and the Moon Selector in Miyagi's Dojo.
    --
    OR
    Outside/not in battle, open up the menu (X BUTTON). Then move the cursor (the arrow) to Luke. Press X, then a box will appear (Switch witch which character?). Move the cursor/arrow to the character u wanna use in your next battle. Press X to finally switch Luke and the character u picked. Voila! (NOTE: Just because u switched the characters' position doesn't mean that the character you'll see while walking in fields, dungeons, towns, etc. is the character u switched with Luke)
    --
    EXAMPLE: If u switched Luke with Tear OUTSIDE/NOT IN BATTLE, and if the red flag near a character's name is Luke's, then the character you'll see walking in the field, dungeon, town, etc. is Luke, NOT Tear.
    --
    Hope u get it...

MARs_Forev193 - 2 years ago 0 0

How do i switch characters in battle? Answered Sparkey528
who is better guy or Luke? Answered masterc1999
How do i keep guy/luke alive? Unresolved xXemolgaXx
Glitch With Luke? Answered triokid182
What arte setup do you use with Guy and Luke? Unresolved DarkLink50