Question from MasterLightning

Can you control characters other than Luke in battle?

I see that you apparently can in the PS2 version, but I'm most of the way through the game and have assumed the whole way I can only control Luke... in battle. I'm not talking about the flag thing where you can appear as other characters, I just want to use Guy fully in battle. Is that possible?

Answers

CatMuto answered:

Yes. For one, you can just place your preferred character to first position in the menu by pressing right and using A on the two characters whose position you want to change. During battle, if you have the Moon Selector - which is auomatically obtained upon leaving Vaticule - open the menu and press Start to switch to the next character.

C-A
0 0

Garioshi answered:

I thought that you got the moon selector in the Fubras river behind those non-broken planks...
0 0

JadeTorchwood answered:

Yeah, you can switch Luke with other party members in & out of battle. To switch characters outside of battle, you need the S Flag that's found in Cheagle Woods. It lets you switch Luke with someone else & control that character on the world map & in towns. The Moon Selector key item lets you switch characters when you open the menu & use the start button. I like using the Moon Selector a lot because it makes it easier to use Mystic Artes in battle.
0 0

jml2002 answered:

Tear,Jade,Guy,Anise,Natalia
0 0

MARs_Forev193 answered:

First of, Ill differentiate the following...
S Flag: You can change the character you're controlling OUT/NOT IN BATTLE.
Moon Selector: You can change the character you're controlling IN/DURING BATTLE.

You'll get S Flag in Cheagle Woods, and the Moon Selector in Miyagi's Dojo.
--
OR
Outside/not in battle, open up the menu (X BUTTON). Then move the cursor (the arrow) to Luke. Press X, then a box will appear (Switch witch which character?). Move the cursor/arrow to the character u wanna use in your next battle. Press X to finally switch Luke and the character u picked. Voila! (NOTE: Just because u switched the characters' position doesn't mean that the character you'll see while walking in fields, dungeons, towns, etc. is the character u switched with Luke)
--
EXAMPLE: If u switched Luke with Tear OUTSIDE/NOT IN BATTLE, and if the red flag near a character's name is Luke's, then the character you'll see walking in the field, dungeon, town, etc. is Luke, NOT Tear.
--
Hope u get it...
0 0

How do i switch characters in battle? Answered Sparkey528
who is better guy or Luke? Answered masterc1999
Glitch With Luke? Open triokid182
What arte setup do you use with Guy and Luke? Open DarkLink50
Why didn't Luke learn this AD skill? Answered JadeTorchwood