Is the Silver Tanooki suit special?

1. I was in world 7-4 and i kept dying trying to get onto the swinging platform near the 3 bob-ombs and after about 6 deaths a silver box appeared. when i hit it a silver leaf came out and Mario was wearing a shiny silver Tanooki suit. however when i beat the level on that same run the suit turned back to brown. Was this anything special?

User Info: MikanPachi

MikanPachi - 5 years ago
    Sadly I have done the same thing as the poster probably has and used the Tanooki Suit. I'm the type that likes to perfectly complete games, so I guess I will be starting over. (I was around World 6-1) Oh well.

My question is: if it even *appears* then the glittering stars will be impossible? What if it appears and you DON'T hit it? That seems more logical: to give you a choice rather than force you to reset the game.

Has anyone actually tested it?

User Info: weregoingunion

weregoingunion - 5 years ago

1. The Silver Tanooki suit is a "Super" or "Helper" item, which appears after dieing five times in one level. It is a Tanooki suit which is invincible, making so that you can walk over spikes, kill enemies by running into them, and other stuff. Making the block containing this item appear at all will make it impossible to make your stars glitter, so if you want glittering stars later down the road, it is advisable to reset the game if the block appears. You're near then end of the game, and when defeating Bowser in World 8 Castle the glitter effect of stars is permanent. You've probably already saved and made them impossible to get, sadly...

The other help/super item is the P-Wing. It does not allow you to fly this time around, but rather warps you to the flagpole at the end of the stage.

User Info: SnoozerBear

SnoozerBear - 5 years ago 4 0

Answers

1. Its like a star combined with the tanooki suit to help you clear the level easily. At least thats what I believe it to be. Once you beat the stage it will take over and be just a normal tanooki suit since you wouldn't have had a chance to try the next level yet

User Info: nekomaneking17

nekomaneking17 - 5 years ago 1 0
  2. Well I got it on the last level because I always missed the depth of the last star medal.

@weregoing
    It's a reward for not dying enough times on a level for that to even appear.

User Info: MichealRein

MichealRein - 5 years ago 0 0