Question from robbymuffin

How many star medals are in this game total?

I have all the star medals collected in the regular worlds and in the special worlds minus the final level(i have not unlocked it yet) and i was wondering how many star medals there are total in this game so i can collect them all

Rocky2418 answered:

I currently have 339 medals. Here's how. As mentioned, there are 285 star medals from levels, 95x3. No medals in S8-Crown. I have scoured the Mystery Boxes through and through (by changing the 3DS's date repeatedly), and I've found a total of 20 different regular rooms (1 star medal each) and 15 different gold, rare rooms (2 star medals each). That's a total of 50 star medals from Mystery Boxes, none gotten through Streetpass. (I can list the details of each of the 35 different rooms and which worlds have them, which I've been keeping track of, if anyone would like.) But then, by chance, since I've had a second 3DS for a short while until I sell my old one, while both were in sleep mode they sent Mystery Boxes to each other. The next day, they did it again. Of the 4 rooms that were sent, all 4 were repeats of the 20 regular rooms (and 3 of those 4 were the same as EACH OTHER), yet I received new star medals each time, raising my star medal total in one slot from 335 to 339. So it seems 335 is the max you can get on your own, and who knows how many more Streetpass allows you...
2 0

Answers

RueRyuzaki92 answered:

Some says it's 333, some says it's 999.
But 333 seems more likely.
I know for sure that 333 is possible to get, but more then that? I don't know, but i don't think so.
1 0

Mikeisapoet answered:

The final level? Do you mean the one that you unlock when you get all the star coins in every single level (including the multiple coins you can get from each purple box)? Because there's no star coins in that one. I've got 304, but I do think that 333 is the max.
1 0

MichealRein answered:

Don't the purple boxes regenerate? Or do they stop after a while
0 0

naz_bee answered:

290 Star Medals without the purple boxes.
0 0

SnoozerBear answered:

Actually, number is 285 as far as I know. And those purple boxes are called Mystery Boxes. The number of coins is 95*3, as there are 96 levels including S8-Crown, but S8-Crown itself yields no Medals. As for the the maximum possible including Mystery Boxes, we'd need to know all of the variants of the box. I am seeing some repeat now, so they are not randomly generated. 333 seems to be the most possible max, or maybe slightly higher.
0 0

StatueMario155 answered:

I don't know the exact number,but I do have 311 Star Medals,so it's more than 285.
0 0

NikoAnesti answered:

I currently have 334. Mystery boxes regenerate every day, and I've been lucky enough to get one or two new medals almost every day. Also, it looks like when you get a mystery box from someone via StreetPass, even if it's a mystery box you've already played, you'll get a new medal. I'm not totally positive on that, but the 3 people I've crossed paths with I've gotten medals from, and I remember one of them being the box with 2 stacks of 2 Goombas and a Fire Flower in the middle, and I'm pretty sure I've done that one before (if not, it was in another file, but I doubt I hadn't gotten that yet over a few weeks of this now).
0 0

SkullBasherX answered:

I think 333
0 1

Can I get Star Medals from the same mystery box lots of times? Answered peoplewhoplay
Star Coin help (S2-5)? Answered Megabest39
Last star on Profile? Answered MrLegoMan30
Where is the last star coin in W2-2? Answered ninjasrule_23
1-1 Star coin help? Answered yehudis123