Question from IRKOW

Getting 10 special Mii's?

How do I get a "special mii" so I can get the achievement for meeting 10 special mii's? Are they event exclusive or something?

Answers

DNukem170 answered:

There have only been a handful of Special Miis made so far belonging to Nintendo's top brass that were handed out at big media events like E3 and Tokyo Game Show. Since they have 10 as an accomplishment (I believe there are only 3 or 4 right now) they will probably have WiFi events in the future. You can tell a Special Mii because they have gold pants.
0 0

norshanare answered:

So far, I only know of 2 Special Mii's: Moffitt I received 9 months ago and now Miyamoto 3 days ago. I was at a Wii U display booth 4 months ago with (6) 3DS XL's ad got plenty of streetpass tags BUT no Yellow pants. Only time will tell.
0 0

grbolivar answered:

Special Miis are handed out by Nintendo over SpotPass, mostly on special Nintendo dates. You need to connect your 3DS to internet via WiFi on that date to receive the Special Mii, after the date ends you can not get the Special Mii again (until they hand it over again in the future). The Special Miis can vary by region and they usually are Nintendo representatives, like Regie Fils-Aime, Satoru Iwata, Shigeru Miyamoto, etc.

You can't know when a Special Mii will be released, it will suddenly appear on your 3DS if you have it connected to internet the day the Mii is released. Other ways to know is on blogs or social media, people will post news if they received a Special Mii.
1 0

nintendo3ds0 answered:

Actually they have started to give them out over nintendo zone streetpass relay.
I have gotten 2 from that. From feb 20 2012 i have gotten 7 of them moffitt, reggie,miyamoto,iwata,jamie a, koizumi, and aonuma (not in order) Go to nintendo zones to get some
wwwalexstreetpasses3ds.webstarts.com (get your name on the streetpass leader board? email me your name and streetpass total at alexstreetpasses.3ds@gmail.com
0 0