Question from Hollow_chief

Asked: 1 year ago

Diablos Hardhorn?

So i need help getting this specific item from the Diablos, being one of my favorite monsters in the Monster Hunter Series i have no problem grinding him but it just gets a little annoying when i don't feel like i'm making progress in the game due to grinding.

I've tried breaking both horns and killing/capturing him but nothing and i need 2 to finish his armor set. Is there an easier way to get them? Or anything you guys have learned or found out while fighting him that'll help getting the Hardhorns?

Additional details - 1 year ago

K thanks guys i actually kept doing missions until i unlocked the [Advanced] Plain Dangerous and i literally got the 2 i needed in the rewards on my first attempt, it is the best mission for them

From: brawlmaster95 1 year ago

There is a 5% and 7% chance of getting it by breaking the horns of Diablos and Black Diablos respectively.
Also, you have a 5% chance of getting as a quest reward on the 7-star port quest [Advanced] Plain Dangerous.

Breaking both horns and capturing him is really all you can do. There's a skill that gives you an exra reward for captures (capture guru, I think).

Apologies for the ignorant answer - that's what I really thought at the time, but could you close the question?

I frequently see gamers ask "What is the quest for Diablos Hardhorns?". But have u guys ever thought of using Fate skill or does it have significant effect on quests like "Desert Dessertion"? Just wondering if Fate + 2 (Great Luck) can give me an easy rares from fairly low quests. Right now I only have Fate + 1. Let me know if you have thoughts on this.

Spam Plain Dangerous. They say it gives you Hardhorns like candy.