Question from Hollow_chief

Diablos Hardhorn?

So i need help getting this specific item from the Diablos, being one of my favorite monsters in the Monster Hunter Series i have no problem grinding him but it just gets a little annoying when i don't feel like i'm making progress in the game due to grinding.

I've tried breaking both horns and killing/capturing him but nothing and i need 2 to finish his armor set. Is there an easier way to get them? Or anything you guys have learned or found out while fighting him that'll help getting the Hardhorns?

Hollow_chief provided additional details:

K thanks guys i actually kept doing missions until i unlocked the [Advanced] Plain Dangerous and i literally got the 2 i needed in the rewards on my first attempt, it is the best mission for them

brawlmaster95 answered:

There is a 5% and 7% chance of getting it by breaking the horns of Diablos and Black Diablos respectively.
Also, you have a 5% chance of getting as a quest reward on the 7-star port quest [Advanced] Plain Dangerous.
2 0

Answers

johnydrexel answered:

Breaking both horns and capturing him is really all you can do. There's a skill that gives you an exra reward for captures (capture guru, I think).
0 1

johnydrexel answered:

Apologies for the ignorant answer - that's what I really thought at the time, but could you close the question?
0 0

anarki_55 answered:

I frequently see gamers ask "What is the quest for Diablos Hardhorns?". But have u guys ever thought of using Fate skill or does it have significant effect on quests like "Desert Dessertion"? Just wondering if Fate + 2 (Great Luck) can give me an easy rares from fairly low quests. Right now I only have Fate + 1. Let me know if you have thoughts on this.
0 0

G_I_ANT answered:

Spam Plain Dangerous. They say it gives you Hardhorns like candy.
1 0

LR Diablos or LR Lagi armor? Answered Sturm_the_Dark
Soloing G-Rank Diablos? Answered Gokyy
Best armor and long sword to use against diablos ? Open sasugeta24
Sand barioth and black diablos help?? Open cofang1
MH3U Demo Gone? Open Gamer_M21