Question from MasterLink2012

Is it possible to trade with myself?

So I got both X and Y just like always, but i'm not sure if I understand how the trading works on this game.
Yes, I do own two 3DS systems and both X and Y like I said.. but is it still possible for me to trade with myself (Gosh that does sound pretty sad lol)? If so, how?

kiokurashi answered:

yes just add yourself as a friend on each of your devices and then in-game request a trade via the PSS screen on the bottom.
2 0

Answers

SoulRequiem2 answered:

You can also use the global trade station. Deposit a pokemon and then use the search function to search for the pokemon you offered. I proved that to work because I traded my Feebas with the scale to Black 2 from pokemon White and vice versa so I could have a milotic from both games being original (I.E. not from someone else). Should work with XY except I don't have Y to actually test it but it should be 99% possible ^_^
1 0

GyraDosXX answered:

The only surefire way I know of is to use two games and two DS's (borrow one) and use the wireless or infrared trade buttons. I do that all the time when my unsuspecting son is asleep! You can try the GTS but you run the risk of the having the pokemon traded before you can get to it. Note that you will not see your own pokemon show up in the search on the GTS, but your other game may see it.
1 0

mayoouran2 answered:

Pokemon Transporter/Bank will make trading over games with one 3DS possible. Unfortunately it does not come until Christmas
0 0

MEGAEONISE answered:

Well, you can deposit your pokemon on the GTS like SoulRequiem2 said. But someone else could take it in the meantime. So you have to be quick or else it will be lost.
0 0