Question from genesis_89

How do I get the trash cans to shake in the lost hotel?

I have been searching there for over a day, trying to catch rotom. He's impossible to catch because apparently he is only in shaking trash cans, and the trash cans NEVER SHAKE! When I first went in there, there were two trash cans that shook. The first one dropped a nugget, and the second one had a trubbish in it. Since then, not a single trash can has EVER shook. Is there a special way to get them to shake, or do you just have to be lucky? If it's the latter, then I'm never gonna catch rotom...

Suicuned answered:

There are many factors you must accomplish to find Rotom. The most obvious is the trash can, the least obvious is that he only appears on TUESDAYS. This may be the reason why you cant find him, same with Bannette, it comes out on Thursdays in Pokemon Village.
0 0

Answers

MrOpts answered:

They shake on their own and you also forgot to mention Trubbish also appears. So the chances are pretty slim considering items also drop from these trash cans. Rotom appears at night. The best way to run into him at night is to set you 3DS System to 20:00 - 21:00 (Military Time) and look in both entrances at lost hotel. To increase your chances, try learning all the skate tricks from Luminoise City to be able to use the Trash Can near the Skate Boss.
0 0