Question from bunnypetra

Could Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde be shiny?

I've been soft resetting for days now to catch a shiny xerneas but still no sign of him. The same case with my friends who are catching yveltal. Is there still chance that they can be shiny or are the X and Y legendaries locked and never will?

Masterball320 asked for clarification:

How in other pokemon games you can get shiny pokemon but in pokemon x you can't?

baraatje123 answered:

Xerneas, Yveltal & Zygarde are shiny locked, which means they will NEVER, under any circumstance, be shiny.
The birds can, it can even be shiny in 1 of the 11 chases, (I heard)
Mewtwo can be shiny, I believe
2 0

Answers

Gomer3a answered:

More then likely they won't as Gen V had a shiny check that prevented the starters and legendaries from being shiny.
1 3

sonicbladexd answered:

Most likely as a got a shiny chespin to begin with so id imagine so but i cant be certain
0 3

Suicuned answered:

In Gen V, they gave the legendaries EVs that made them impossible to find them shiny through conventional methods, I'm not sure about these ones, though
0 2

Heattokun answered:

Presumably not in the regular game, but there could be an event later like the Shiny Dogs / Shiny DPPlt Legendaries from Gamestop.
1 1

SimplyLeg3ndary answered:

I know my buddy got a shiny mewtwo by using soft reset method..
0 3

Zairita answered:

I know that Xerneas and Yveltal have a shiny lock but I'm not sure about Zygarde or the 3 birds. I think thats it though.
2 1

RudestBean answered:

A friend of mine got a Shiny Moltres on his first attempt, but I haven't heart of Xerneas or Yveltal being shiny.
0 1

0HY34Y answered:

X,Y and Z can't be shiny.
Uno,Dos, and Tres maybe can be shiny...
Mewtwo should able to be shiny.
0 1

RenzAllen7 answered:

The 3 legendary birds can be shiny
xerneas yveltal and zygarde are most likely shiny locked due to the fact that a lot have soft resetted them (including me..reached 5243 and put on hold)
As for mewtwo there have been numerous reports of finding shiny mewtwo on GTS(yeah here are those trolls again making you drool over their shinies) etc but no solid evidence to back it up such as a snapshot of it.
0 1

Bloods900 answered:

I know for a fact that Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde can NOT be shiny. They are shiny locked.
0 0

LilPuddenPuff answered:

I'm fairly sure Xerneas, Yveltel, and Zygarde are shiny locked, but goodness, what I would do see their shiny forms hhhhhh
0 0

aleforna answered:

xerneas nd Yveltal are shiny locked!
0 0

akibaranger answered:

So far it's incredibly unclear, but just wait a while I'm sure someone will figure it out
0 0

Eddieward90 answered:

X and Y legendarys are shiny locked
0 2

brownierock2 answered:

There is like, almost no chance of this happening. The only way is to trade for another Xerneas, and then breed them together 'til you get a shiny. I believe this is called the Mitsubishi method. I COULD BE WRONG (on the name).
0 1

humantigerjr answered:

I hear that they are shiny locked >.>
0 0

fluffy_monster answered:

There will be a possible chance that it can become a shiny if you use the soft reset method. In Platinum, my friend just used the soft reset method and he is able to get a shiny Giratina. Maybe it works here too.
0 0

Masterball320 answered:

There is no chance of these legenderies appearing in your game again except if you trade. You could get a shiny zygarde by trying to find it again in the wild if you didn't catch it the first time but it is very unlikely. Maybe you could look on the internet on youtube and see if you can find methods of getting a shiny legend. Hope this helped please read this
0 0

Masterball320 answered:

I have just checked and I think zygarde and other legends can't be shinies. Just normal pokemon can be shinies. If you want shinies then use the poke radar. Walk fifty steps then go into tall grass jump off your rollerskates and activate it. after you go into a shaking grass then go into another shaking grass that isn't nearby and always defeat the pokemon using one move after forty times doing this then you will find a shiny pokemon you can't do this with legends.
0 1

Damewtto answered:

EVERY single pokemon in the universe can be shiny. While shinies are a pain in a** to get, shiny legendaries are EVEN HARDER TO GET. Keep soft resetting or trade gts if your desparate. (Chance of shiny is now 1/1000). Please correct me if im wrong.

Thank you
0 7

rob12145 answered:

Most likley.
0 0

KingsWords answered:

Will anyone trade me larvitar or pupitar for agron or laron?
0 0

KingAdrian answered:

I know for a fact the you cannot get shiny Xerneas, Zygarde and Yveltal. they have a shiny lock. I haven't heard anyone having a shiny generation VI legendary. Maybe the lengendary birds idk. Please add me and i will add you
Pokemon y- 3539-9691-2172
0 0

KingAdrian answered:

If anyone wants a shiny NORMAL pokemon, add me. Thanks
0 0