Question from Nexorla

Asked: 11 months ago

Where can I find fossils?

I managed to find the Old Amber for Aerodactyl and the two new ones introduced in this generation.

My question is where can I find the rest? Are they in the same cave as the Old Amber?

From: slayer_x57 11 months ago

They're all located in Glittering Cave (where you found Old Amber). Each game has 2 exclusive to them (I remember Y gets Omanyte and Kabuto's fossils) and they can only be obtained after beating the elite 4. You have to use rock smash where applicable and hope for the best.

I dont think they are version exclusive. I have Pokemon Y and can get Omanyte, Kabuto, Shieldon, Cranidos and Archen (and off course the Old Amber for Aerodactyl). They are all level 20 when you get them out of the fossil

After defeating the Elite Four, you can find them in the back of Glittering Cave. Use Rock Smash on the boulders for a chance to find the fossils. Pokemon X is the only one that can find Root or Claw Fossils, and Pokemon Y is the only one that can find Helix or Dome Fossils. Also, neither version can find Jaw or Sail Fossils.