Question from explodingninja

Why won't any post-game mega-stones appear for me?

Me and my brother have x and y, and he was being impatient for me to give him my manectite, which i hadn't even obtained yet. He ended up convincing me to change the time settings on my 3DS to 7:59 so i could get it for him then and there, but it didn't work. I've changed the time back, and I've done all the required "story" to activate the mega stone hunt (battle maison, defeat rival, upgrade mega ring, etc) but they still wont appear. It's been 2 days since, and they still won't appear. Does anyone know how to fix this?

explodingninja provided additional details:

I know there are exact spots, I've been testing with the manectite/houndoomite location on route 16 every night. It's never there, nor is the sundial thing ever spinning.

lurinzoo answered:

If you want to change your time to get mega-stones, make sure you set it at 19:59(8:00pm) and not 7:59 :p. the 3ds time setting has a military time format. So if you set it at 8:00 or 9:00 it is equivalent as 8 or 9 am. Ive done this before, it works! You dont need to wait another day for it to work ;)
1 0

Answers

dbern_123 answered:

there are exact spots to find the mega stones ok so just go on youtube and look it up nOw!
0 1

gingerninja66 answered:

I haven't tried it but sometimes changing the time/date on your 3ds screws up specific timed events such as finding the mega stones. all I can say is change it back to the real time, leave it till 8pm the next day (the clock needs to reach midnight by itself for it to think its the right time) and it should be there
0 0