Question from Dimsim18

Super Training or EV training (battling) for level 1 pokemon?

I'm still not 100% sure if you still gain EVs through leveling up.

I know in previous games when you EV trained pokemon, when they leveled up, you could see the stats would increase.

Does this still apply in Pokemon X and Y. If I were to max my EVs with Super Training with my pokemon at level 1, would that give my Pokemon better stats compared to EV training them by battling (since pokemon would level up when battling and hence maxing out at higher level)?

Answers

shazen93 answered:

EV training through pokebattles still work and I've used it personally in X.
I can only tell you my experience with it
If you have Pokerus and a Power item(obtainable through Battle Maison)
EV training is hell of a lot faster than Super Training.
1 Horde battle could net you 50-60 EV's of the one you're training per round.
That is with Pokerus and a Power item.
Power items triple the EV yield and Pokerus doubles the EV yield.

Also there is no difference if you're max EV'd at level 1 or level 100 as the game now calculates your stats instantly.
1 0

Draco67611 answered:

shazen93 was mistaken. Yes the game calculates EVs instantly, but a Pokemon that was fully EV trained for a start would still have a higher start at a comparable level, 35, just for the example, then one that was reset bagged, then put through the EV training for the stat. So if you had a lvl 35 Pikachu that you leveled up from lvl one with a maxed speed EV when it was lvl one, it would have a higher speed stat than one that you caught at lvl three and EV trained for everything but speed then used a reset bag on it and super trained the EV for speed. The lower lvl you make the stat max out at, the higher the stat will get because you'll get better stat increases.
0 1