Question from Tygar128

Asked: 9 months ago

How do I upgrade my mega ring after finishing the game?

The guides say I can battle my rival and upgrade my mega ring in Kiloude City after beating the game. But i cant find my rival any where. Who can help me?

Additional details - 9 months ago

That's the problem, my rival isnt there

After beating the Elite Four and getting into Kiloude City via Lumiose Station, go to the north-central part of town, around the small pond. Your rival should be there for battling. After, go to Anistar City's big crystalline sundial and you'll need to speak with Prof. Sycamore there.

Additional to what KeyBlade wrote: If your rival is not showing up you will need to do at least 1 or 2 battles in the battle maison, he should appear after that.

Omegamyr it's only a he when your a girl, otherwise, she will be by the pond. Also I cant seem to get the mega stone's to appear even after the mega ring upgrade! hope your not too puzzled as well. Some mega's are said to be banned?

As Keyblade999 and Omegamyr said, Beat the Elite 4, travel to Kiloude City and battle a few times in the Battle Maison. After that your rival will appear in the area. Deafeat him/her and he/she will give you the Absolite. Then you go to Anistar City, near the large crystalline sundial you will find Prof. Sycamore. He will go into a lengthy monologue about mega stones and the sundial, and then he will upgrade your Mega Ring, allowing you to find Mega Stones around Kalos. They will only appear between 8pm and 9pm, and will appear as a random sparkling object.

Umm. I noticed this was still open, and it was sort of bothering me soooo. Like everyone up there said, Beat the Elite 4, go to the Lumiose station and proceed to enter Kiloude City. Now battle once or twice in the Battle Maison. After that, your rival should be on the pond in the northern part of Kiloude. Defeat him/her and (s)he will give you the Absolite. After that (s)he tells you to go to Anistar City. Go to the Sundial in Anistar and Prof. Sycamore will be there. Talk to him and then he'll upgrade your Mega Ring. All Mega Stones only appear between 8-9 PM with a few exceptions like Gengarite and Abomasite. They will appear as a sparkling object.

Beat the elite four, then go to the lumiose train station and take the train to kiloude city. Win a few times in the battle mansion. Then, go to the north part of the city where there is a little pond, and your rival should be there. Battle and defeat him/her, and they will give you the absolite. Then, go to anistar city. At the sundial, professer Sycamore should be there. If you talk to him, he will upgrade your mega ring.