Question from mebcis

The top left eye in the boss room of the Dark Palace?

So, as my title suggests, I'm having trouble with getting the TOP LEFT eye to become illuminated in boss room of the Dark Palace in Lorule. I've searched all over the internet and didn't really get any substantial answers (though I saw that some people are having the same problem I am, with no success in solving it), so I decided to ask here :D

I'm pretty sure I've bombed every crack in the floors or walls that exist in this place, and I've bombed all six of the wooden planks off the windows on the second floor. I thought that the rays of light that came through the windows were supposed to shine down into B1 onto the eyes, which was what made that obstruction move from the path leading to the boss's door, but the top left eye still has no light on it.

It's been about an hour since I gave up and sat my 3DS down, but I'm pretty sure I went to the boss room first and merged onto the wall and hit that blue orb that put up a wall between the top left eye and the eye beside it BEFORE I broke the wooden panels off the windows on the second floor. Could that be why the top left eye isn't illuminated, because I did it out of order or something? If so, since you have the chance to hit the orb before you break the windows on the second floor, that's kind of messed up that it can screw with your progress :c
Or maybe I'm doing something wrong entirely? Who knows - I, obviously, don't haha.

I've explored endlessly around and have no clue what to do anymore, so if anyone had any ideas that'd be great.

Fyrepyro answered:

If you take the green portal back to the beginning of the palace and move one room up you can bomb two cracked panels in the north west corner of the room that are stopping light from falling down to the boss level.

tl;dr second room from the start, bomb top left.
2 0

gorgoniam answered:

Did you break the boards on both sides of the room? I forgot to break the boards covering the middle window on the left side of the room, and that sounds like the appropriate one for which 'eye' is not lit up... Hope that helps.
0 0

gorgoniam answered:

Actually, I just remembered something else... I seem to remember that when you activated a blue crystal switch, that a panel rises up (from the previously mentioned 'blank' eye) to illuminate the final 'eye'. It also co-insides with the actions of the spear-like protrusions blocking entrance to the boss' door withdrawing and allowing you to proceed. That crystal switch in the room with the boss' door and your on the lower edge looking north. You needed to merge to arrive on the platform when this action happens.
0 0

Jolteon64 answered:

Hey buddy I'm having the exact same troubles I wish you the best of luck
0 0

razorruss17 answered:

Order shouldn't matter. While opening paths for the various beams of light, I encountered a similar issue - either suck it up and comb the dungeon, or try to find your present completion point in one of the many FAQS.
0 0

fox_bacchin answered:

Go back to the begining, on the second room. There is a cracked tile on the ground, top left corner, waiting to be hammered or bombed.
0 0

Elise11 answered:

I got the same problem but with the bottom left eye,the light was blocked by the 'invisible' platform that I found a small key earlier,and it's unbreakable! Bottom left eye is the only one that's still dark. HELP!
0 0