Can you miss Sidequests?

1. I have this doubt since i've started the game :/

User Info: Lavenant

Lavenant - 3 years ago

1. Sidequests are missable.

Jobs are a little more complicated. Each job (except Freelancer, which you start with) is keyed to beating a specific boss. Each of these bosses is presented multiple times, so if you miss the first sidequest that has a boss, you can pick the job up the next time that boss comes around. However, your opportunities ARE limited; if you haven't gotten a job by the time the last set of sidequests locks out, you'll have to wait for New Game +.

User Info: EvenSpoonier

EvenSpoonier - 2 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Yes you can miss a sidequest. For me I missed the Superstar asterisk in Chapter 3 and now I couldn't get something from grand ship cause of something won't give any spoiler. Advice is do side quest as soon as they pop out.

User Info: shirousakuraba

shirousakuraba - 2 years ago 0 1
  2. You can miss sidequests and miss their asterisks but you do get a chance later in the game to get the ones you missed

best to just get them as soon as possible though

User Info: Pulsiix

Pulsiix - 2 years ago 0 0
  3. Yeah you really can miss the sidequests.
    If it's just the astersisks you care for, then don't worry, you can get them later on again.

User Info: Iracy

Iracy - 2 years ago 0 0
  4. You can miss side quests, but they are pointed out on the map of their placement (blue !'s), though some can only been done during the day or during the night.

The only thing you lose from not doing the side quests are the job classes and any stealable items if your trying to compete D's Journal. I advise you to do the side quests as they appear but sometimes you might have trouble with some of them depending on your job/class set up.

!Minor spoiler! I had a lot of difficulty with the Chemist boss, but this doesn't have sort of outside running around to do, like shirousakuraba mentioned with the Superstar job. Most of the jobs don't have running around things to do, perhaps two or three in total?

User Info: GemmiElf

GemmiElf - 2 years ago 0 0
  5. Every side quest is missable, and with them the jobs you unlock. You will have other opportunities to get the jobs, which again, are missable or may be too difficult without a particular job. You can always wait until new game+

User Info: darthcid

darthcid - 2 years ago 0 1