Question from Kuuga234

I have a problem with charging?

Firstly, if anyone here has imported a Japanese Nintendo 3ds then clearly this will mean something to those who have and are currently playing theirs.

I got my 3ds today and ecstatic unboxed it. I without thinking switched the thing on as soon as I could and found it to be on full battery much to my surprise. Sometime later it drained to about a third of its length e.t.c. so I decided to plug it in and charge it.

Here comes the problem:

I have used an adaptor and plugged the charger into the wall directly and via charging stand as well. However, despite this and no matter how many times I have tried the orange light for the 3d's charging will not come on. I am right now looking at my plugged in 3ds on the stand and right now there is no orange charging light. It does come on briefly but vanishes pretty much as soon as I see it. I am seriously worried as to what the heck is going on as I have only just got the 3ds today RIGHT NOW as of writing this and already it has decided to mess up on me. I would REALLY appreciate it if fellow 3ds owners could help me out here. I am not sure if I have damaged the system in any way which I am sure that I have not. I do not know what is going on and am afraid I have totally wrecked the system :'(.

What could be the problem? I am sure that is cannot be broken but would like to know why the orange light is charging on, I've tried everything and made sure that the console is in the charging dock as the manual states. I have also tried plugging it in directly without the dock but no charging light stays on for longer than a second or two and when I do switch it on, I am quite certain the battery life is down to its last bar. I do not want to end up with a paperweight in my house.
If nothing else what do I do? Do I try and contact Nintendo and/or would it be best for me to contact the site I ordered it from? I ordered it from www.yesasia.com to order a replacement?

Please I just got this today after passing my exams with flying colours. It's quite a shame to have this happening to me and I am rather upset at the moment

From: gynyzyss 3 years ago

Despite the fact that I'm sure you've already figured out your simple mistake, I'll make use of principle and add that you neglected to include any information for you to be helped. Your system is Japanese... okay. In what region do you live (what's your voltage?) Your probable solution is to get a charger for the region you're in; the AC adapter is region-specific. Your Japanese system is not.

Select an answer to your question or delete it; don't whine and leave it open for 2+ weeks. That's like importing a system from an unfamiliar place and not knowing how to charge it...

It can either be your charger or your 3DS.
Buy a new charger or contact Nintendo or www.yesasia.com for user support.

Try a different socket, plugs may be loose. Lots of reasons. Maybe your socket is connected to a switch?

What's the console's voltage and what's the voltage in your country (110V for US)?

Its probably a situation with that voltage of the charger. that happens when you import.