Question from maybeehe

Can my DS games be played on 3DS?

I am wondering if the backward compatibility is there

shinjix2 answered:

Yes! And your battery will last longer than with the 3DS Games. Just bear in mind that the games will be upscaled because of the increased resolution.
2 0

Answers

Chaos_Kirby answered:

DS games are fully playable from the 3DS' launch. That includes local multiplayer, and likely online as well. And I think you have the option of playing them in their original resolution (with black bars at the edge of the screen) or stretched to fit the wide screen.
0 0

entr0py24 answered:

The only exception is DSi Ware games. In the future they'll release a patch that will allow you to transfer them to your 3DS, but there's no word on when that will be.

The one DS game I've bothered to test looks as good as ever, to me the upscaling isn't noticeable. And the circle pad even works, which is nice because it's in a better spot than the D pad.
0 0