What's wrong with my charger?

1. My 3DS charger has been working for me for the past 5 or so weeks. But all of a sudden, it doesn't charge. The light doesn't turn on when I have it plugged in or on the docking station. and leaving it on either for an extended period does not affect the charge either.
    zeroexev29 - 5 years ago
    The cord is not frayed (from what I can see on the outside, I don't want to pull off the covering; i think that v oids the warrenty), The same applys with anthing being bent. I have tried multiple on outlets, and tried charging with the 3DS's power on. And unfortunately, i don't have access to another charger. I was hoping that i wouldn't need to bring it in, but i guess i must.

zeroexev29 - 5 years ago

Answers

1. Is the cord fraid at all? Anything bent? The power on (lol)? Have you tried a different charger? Like an old DSi one or a friends one. That way you can see if its the charger or your 3DS.
    You will probably have to ring nintendo for this type of problem.

Skul_ - 5 years ago 0 0
  2. I would suggest buying a really cheap new charger and if that doesnt work it may be like mine where the connecter on the 3ds broke, i just stuck it in the charging cradle and it works fine.

-Written on a 3ds, sorry for typos

jacka123 - 3 years ago 0 0
  3. I had this problum with my 3ds xl and i took out the battery for 10 sec and put it back in and it started charging again
    bullet425 - 3 years ago 0 0
  4. To prove if its your 3ds or your charger I would take an old dsi and put the charger in, if it charges then its your 3DS. If it doesn't charge it's your charger.
    3DShelp - 1 year ago 0 0

Whats wrong with my 3dsxl charger? Unresolved dakozu
Does the 3DS use the same charger as the DSi? Answered Finale_Wanderer
Can i charge my 2ds with a DSi charger? Answered marceloxlr
Alternative to the 3ds charger..? Unresolved CheekyChief
Can I use my EU charger on a Japan 3DS?? Unresolved Dolly-chan