Question from zeroexev29

What's wrong with my charger?

My 3DS charger has been working for me for the past 5 or so weeks. But all of a sudden, it doesn't charge. The light doesn't turn on when I have it plugged in or on the docking station. and leaving it on either for an extended period does not affect the charge either.

zeroexev29 provided additional details:

The cord is not frayed (from what I can see on the outside, I don't want to pull off the covering; i think that v oids the warrenty), The same applys with anthing being bent. I have tried multiple on outlets, and tried charging with the 3DS's power on. And unfortunately, i don't have access to another charger. I was hoping that i wouldn't need to bring it in, but i guess i must.

Answers

Skul_ answered:

Is the cord fraid at all? Anything bent? The power on (lol)? Have you tried a different charger? Like an old DSi one or a friends one. That way you can see if its the charger or your 3DS.
You will probably have to ring nintendo for this type of problem.
0 0

jacka123 answered:

I would suggest buying a really cheap new charger and if that doesnt work it may be like mine where the connecter on the 3ds broke, i just stuck it in the charging cradle and it works fine.

-Written on a 3ds, sorry for typos
0 0

bullet425 answered:

I had this problum with my 3ds xl and i took out the battery for 10 sec and put it back in and it started charging again
0 0

Does the 3DS use the same charger as the DSi? Answered Finale_Wanderer
What kind of charger does the 3DS XL use? Answered toon_link_346
Charging 3DS with Foreign Charger? Answered E-Elric
Possibly faulty charger? Open Superxmanman
Is there something wrong with my 3DS's battery? Answered Stepmaniarunner