Question from Krisipoke

Where in Europe is the eShop the cheapest?

Because as far as I'm concerned, it's far more expensive in Europe than in the US (about +50% more expensive). So I was wondering what country should I pick when using the eShop, because I noticed that for example in Germany and the UK the prices are a bit different (2.60 pounds is a bit cheaper than 3 euros, for example). Does anybody know what the cheapest country is? Thanks.

Krisipoke provided additional details:

Actually, I just checked, and it's 2.70 Pounds, not 2.60, which is really a bit more expensive than 3 euros, but not by much (2.70 is about 3.02 euros right now), but 2.60 was indeed a little cheaper. And yeah, I'm using the UK server right now, and I'm pretty sure all Euro-using countries have the same prices. Thanks for the tip anyway.
I don't like how just about every game is more expensive in Europe than in the US (for those who don't know, one euro is about 1.43 dollars, so for example the 3DS was 250 euros at launch, which is a bit more than 350 dollars), even though people get much less salary in many parts of Europe, than in the US. I just don't gen why are people there always whining about game prices (especially console prices), when they earn much more, and they get stuff much cheaper.

Answers

niels200683 answered:

Not entirely answering your question here, but wanted to give you the following info.

I think that the euro (currency) countries do not have a price difference, but am not 100% sure.
I wanted to make the following comments to your question, however:

- 2.60 pounds is (a lot) more expensive than 3 euros at current exchange rates.
- Even after you have used the e-shop, you can change region at any time: After changing region, you will get a warning when visiting the e-shop noting the region has changed. Any money on your account in one shop will not be available on the new region: however, if you change the region back the money put into that region account will still be available.

None of the euro countries has the green lantern trailer, except UK... so I would start there, then change it to a euro country for as long as the pound is much stronger than the euro.
0 0

Remi0327 answered:

Well, isn't it possible to try accessing the Canadian Eshop? I hear their prices are comparable to ours (U.S. here) and they accept international credit cards, to boot. I'm pretty sure it's possible to do that, I remember lots of people saying that they did that. Best of luck, TC.
0 0

zurcn answered:

there is no real answer to this question.
the cheapest country for a specific game will be a factor of the game's price in that country, the exchange rate, and your bank's fee on payments in a different currency

exchange rates move daily, the different currency fee likely differs by bank and country, and even if 2 games in country A have the same price they can have different prices in country B (noticed this when I bought pokemon X from New Zealand to get it before midnight)

Additionally (or should it be to start with?) once you register a NNID you can no longer use the eShop if you change regions (note, original question is 3 years old)

@Remi: PAL 3ds can only use PAL regions such as EU countries and Australia. Canada is not an option
0 0

Eshop?? Answered ElpollogabazXII
Eshop? Answered SkullBasherX
What to get on eshop? Open WalrusOverlord
Question about eShop? Answered puyolover
About the Eshop and charges? Open genshuku91