Question from akivalevi152

How do Street/Spot Pass work?

I haven't gotten any body new in my plaza.

Seco560 answered:

StreetPass - You basically walk around crowded places with your 3DS in sleep mode. It should see other people doing the same thing, thus enabling the two of you to get a small notice that you met and minor bonuses. I myself haven;t gotten any StreetPasses yet. ._.

SpotPass - Your 3DS can download news, notifications, etc. when it's in Sleep Mode and near a registered Wi-Fi. It also downloads extra software for selected titles (eg. extra Pokemon in Pokedex 3D)
1 0

Answers

GoldenSun3DS answered:

Streetpass & Spotpass are enabled when your system has wireless on and is in sleep mode or in the HOME menu.

StreetPass is the exchange of data for 3DS systems to 3DS systems. This can include exchanging Miis, exchanging music tastes information, exchanging sims in The Sims 3, etc. You can have up to 12 titles set to StreetPass at a time.

SpotPass is the receiving of data from WiFi access points the 3DS system passes by. This can include receiving Nintendo Videos, receiving costumes for Dead or Alive: Dimensions, receiving Pokedex data for Pokedex 3D, etc.
0 0