Question from link5003

How do NES games look on the 3DS?

I'm only asking this because the preview videos in the E-Shop make them look awful to me because they look like they have pixel flickering because they squashed the pixels. I'm wondering if this is due to the emulation or if it's only the videos in the eshop, prime examples being Super Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda. I know for a fact that the 3DS doesn't have to distort the image at all because its 400 x 240 resolution could easily hold the NES 256 X 240. If it is the emulation, then I will be sorely disappointed.

pwingx asked for clarification:

what he said but when you launch the app hold start it will look like an Nes but I dont know I only have gameboy games

Wiggis answered:

It's the video demos in the 3DS Shop. They never look as good as the games they represent, be they NES Classics or brand-new downloadable titles exclusive to the system.

Basically, all Virtual Console games look the same as their cartridge counterparts, just a little sharper. They even have the same little glitches that you would remember, like if too many characters are onscreen.
2 0

UnseatingKDawg answered:

They are presented in their natural resolution, only a lot sharper. Trust me, if you're a fan of either Super Mario Bros. or Legend of Zelda (or any of the other games released), do yourself a favor and get them to play on the go. Some also offer multiplayer on one system (Super Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong Jr. are good examples). You don't need to hold any buttons for natural resolution, either. Just start the game once you have it downloaded.

By the way, in case you don't know, you can get a special version of the original Donkey Kong if you download certain titles before January 6, 2013 (said titles include Paper Mario: Sticker Star and Crosswords Plus - which, by the way, you get a LOT of puzzles for 30 bucks. You can even download more puzzles for free, as well as play anagrams and word searches). OK, enough of my rambling.
1 0

Games for the 3DS? Answered thenoobynoober
DS games on New 3DS? Open DragonMilo
Best games on 3ds ? Open Bur4ks1
Will 3DS games have DLC? Answered thenoobynoober
Best games?? Unanswered stephabulous