Question from DRKNavv1

Upgrading to 3DS and nintendo eshop question? (Please read)

So I'm considering upgrading to the XL and the $100 trade for the 3DS toward the XL is tempting. I know I can copy my current data from the standard 3DS memory card to my computer then to the XL memory card. But what happens when I delete my eshop account from the old 3DS? Can I restore it on the XL? or do I have to make a new account and pay for all my downloads again? Also do I lose my ambassador status?

brial50 asked for clarification:

Hi iv just got a 3ds xl preowned and i was wondering if i delete the eshop account that is allready on it would i be able to make a new one?

Answers

sumostickfigure answered:

No, your eShop account is tied to your 3DS, so you have to perform a full-system transfer for your future 3DS XL to have access to it. Also, you won't be able to use any of the games you have downloaded to your SD card if you just put it in another 3DS without having performed a system transfer first since the data on your card is also tied to the system it was downloaded on. In short, don't go trading in your 3DS for an XL unless the store lets you perform a full system transfer or you just don't care about losing what you've already downloaded.
0 0