Question from zreese

Asked: 1 year ago

System Transfer and pre-installed software?

I'm upgrading from a 3DS to the Animal Crossing 3DS XL bundle. I have a 32GB card in my 3DS with quite a lot of software downloaded (NSMB2, Prof Layton, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Luigi's Mansion, etc)... more than could possibly fit on the card that comes bundled with the Animal Crossing 3DS XL. How can I move my 32GB card over to the new 3DS and still have access to the copy of Animal Crossing that comes pre-installed?

Here's my line of thinking, please tell me if this is wrong: I use the system transfer tool to move all my old software to the new 3DS, alongside Animal Crossing on the 4GB card (not really sure how the system transfer works). Then I can take out both SD cards, insert them into a PC and copy the Animal Crossing data from the 4GB onto the 32GB card alongside all my other games... ?

From: yak_breeder 1 year ago

During the system transfer process, you'll be told to switch SD cards. Then your existing 32GB card will be used in the new system with all your games intact.
The preinstalled AC:NL will be deleted but you can download it again from the eshop since the accounts are combined.