Question from Skul_
Importing from the USA(?) questions. Thanks for any help.
I live in australia, and i want to purchase a 3DS on Amazon. (that makes it a USA import doesnt it?) becuase its cheaper, and it should be region locked in a better region. I have a few questions:
(1) If i buy it from amazon its a USA 3DS isnt it?
(2) Will i be able to access the 3DSware/dsiware stores in australia with the USA 3DS.
(3) It wont play any australian games right? (I hate region locking... means i have to import the games too.)
(4) How will the charger work? I have heard evil rumers about charging not working with imported goods.
(5) Anyother issues i might have?
1.Most likely, yes. Also, Play Asia stocks USA and JPN 3DS units and games =)
2.Yes, although you will need a credit card to buy anything, as if it's the same as the Wii the points cards you buy in Big W and all that are also region locked =/
3.Nope, no Australian,European or Japanese games
4.You will either need to buy an Australian 3DS/DSi charger (DSi will work =)) or a voltage converter
5.USA Club Nintendo Cards won't work in the Australian Club Nintendo site
6.Consider checking ebay, as many UK sellers sell PAL version 3DS titles for a few dollars more than the USA version and much cheaper than AUS retail, if you decide to get AU 3DS afterall =)
This question has been successfully answered and closed
Respond to this Question
You must be logged in to answer questions. Please use the login form at the top of this page.