Question from unknownname16
Cannot connect to the internet with the 3DS?
My brother and I are having trouble connecting to the internet with our 3DS
Both of them are getting the error code 003-1099
Even though there is an internet connection in range and everything else works on it
So, does that mean that I can never use the connection?
and I mean, it finds the connection, but it just won't connect to it
The Nintendo 3DS system was unable to locate the router or access point. This may be because the settings have been changed recently, or may be due to an incompatible wireless router or hotspot location. this is from nintendo support
This question has been successfully answered and closed
You might have turned off the wireless function.That happened to me once.
You also need version 2.0.0 or newer
Are you sure you have the right ssid & password?
You have to make sure the letters in it are capital when necessary.[in your password]
1. this is more of a router question but -> you need ver 2.0.0 or newer (internet has a big update on 4.2.0-9U)
2. if it's cisco-> make sure you connected to the real network that grants access to internet without using a proxy. if you connect ot the guest network it will not connect to the internet even if you try to imput the guest password in browser.
3. make sure it's your network
4. make sure you type in the password exactly because it is case sensitive
5. wireless is on (light on right of 3DS is yellow)
6. make sure it's not a hidden network because i don't think this version of 3DS supports hidden networks.
hope this helped
Try moving closer to the access point, sorry, that's all I could give, judges2020 gave a lot of possibilities though.
There are two aspects of your question. The problem can be within your router or your 3DS.
1.Check through Nintendo's support page.
2. Make sure your router is compatible. If it used to work, then suddenly stopped, it is a connection issue. If you are troubleshooting while setting up, go to your router settings. Make sure it is a WEP, WPA, or of a compatible setting and go through the support page to ensure compatibility. If it is because of your 3DS, go through your "System Settings" and turn on "Wireless". If all goes wrong, and you are sure that it is not due to your router, send your 3DS for repair. Since you are just starting to use the internet on the 3DS, I'm guessing you just purchased it, which meams you'll have free shipping, if not you'll have to pay a fee.
--This concludes my answer--
-This answer was written bu using the Nintendo 3DS Internet Browser
*Some things in this answer may be inaccurate or false. If so, message me through GameFaq.
Respond to this Question
You must be logged in to answer questions. Please use the login form at the top of this page.
|Cannot connect to internet through a DS game?||Answered||FlyingPochama|
|Do I have to re-connect my 3DS to the internet every time I turn off the power?||Answered||PaperMariofan9|
|3DS Internet Issues?||Answered||SakiPai|
|Can the 3ds get a virus when you use the internet browser?||Answered||Tweedsiders|
|Is there something wrong with my internet settings?||Open||vaaern|