Question from RiderEpsilon

Portal Problems?

Ok, so I beat the game and upon replaying I have noticed that almost none of the Special Portals are showing up for either Sora or Riku. I have hunted for info on this problem on GFAQ but the solution you guys gave out (save and drop manually) is not working. Anyone have a better answer?

lj_sephiroth asked for clarification:

I need to know if you have saved the game as clear data, also if you are able to access other link portals.
All of the secret portals will appear in the locations where the original fights took place.

RiderEpsilon provided additional details:

I do have the clear data, and some of the link portals do show up, including the secret portals, but the special portals on the later worlds are just gone.

My problem was that despite beating the game, having the clear status, AND having the Bradygames guide to check for portal locations they were not showing up in their stated locations. HOWEVER I did fix the problem myself by beating all of the re-fightable end game bosses, re-saving the clear data and manually dropping from Sora to Riku and back to Sora. Question closed.

lj_sephiroth answered:

I'm assuming this is for the special portals for the 6 in each world? There are 6 special portals in each world, Riku and Sora each has 6 and so there are 12 in each with the exception to the last world where Sora and Riku have 3 each coming to a total of 6.
Most of the time, you will see the the same special portal. You can see this in the forecast before entering the world or while going to the main menu in the world. You are enabled to look ahead for the next two special portals (whatever character awake will have the first and the third, the second is for the character asleep). When you see a silhouetted dream eater, then that is one that you do not have... and all you need to do is search for it. (There is a good guide for the locations). Unfortunately, it is all luck when you get them to appear. It took me about an hour to get them all to appear for the rarest ones (They are based on rarity).

Also, I noticed that some special portals will not appear unless some others are completed beforehand. I have experienced worlds where no special portal appears. While in the Symphony of Sorcery, I missed a few that were outside the tower, which I didn't know existed for a long time lol, There are some portals that don't appear directly on the map since they are covered in a hidden room with a treasure box.
0 0

Answers

HyperGregar answered:

If there is a shadow with a question mark on it in the forecast screen for the world you selected, then there should be a special portal in the world. New portals should whenever you drop.
0 0

Portal fail? Answered Juan485
Secret portal help? Answered Karttakeppi
Rikus secret portal help? Open halothen
Special Portal in Symphony?! Open DarcRage
Where can I find the secret portal? Open murraygot