Question from jamdeaf
What exactly is the forecast thingy for?
1) what are the 3 squares for?
2) What is, and how do you find the mystery spirit?
and 3) How do you find the special item mentioned in the forecast?
in regards to your answer relm98,
"There are 6 special portals in each world (except the last) but only one is active during the same drop(you'll have to find it). The mystery spirit showes you the type of this special enemy. If you have already found and beaten it it says finished. Otherwise it says ?"
i completed my first runthrough of traverse town already, and decided to go again. but now, i cant go through any of the portals. so then now how would i do step 2?
okay, well now in Rebel_Dante's portal guide, there are portals that i dont have access yet. i could do the first three for sora and first three for riku. but now why cant i find the portals for the thunderaffes and specials? how far in game do i need to be?
Top Voted Answer
1) It shows the effect that is in play right now (first square) , during the next chars turn (second square) and when the current character is up next (third square) in the current world. For example magic up by 20%, more money drops,...
2) There are 6 special portals in each world (except the last) but only one is active during the same drop(you'll have to find it). The mystery spirit showes you the type of this special enemy. If you have already found and beaten it it says finished. Otherwise it says ?
3) The special item only shows you which item adds bonus drop point at the end of the current drop if collected. It doesn't appear in a special way.
This question has been successfully answered and closed
1. That is the bonus you get when you enter the world.
2. Just look for Link Portals until you find a red one saying special
3. It's not a special item, it's just when you find that item you will get more drop points when dropping.
"i completed my first runthrough of traverse town already, and decided to go again. but now, i cant go through any of the portals. so then now how would i do step 2?"
If you mean the portal marker is there but it won't show any details then check that there aren't any dream eaters trying to attack you, and that you have not zoomed out the map
Also if the forecast is on Risky Winds, then the rank of the spirit you make in the spirit creation will go up by one and there is a better chance to get the mystery spirit in the spirit creation (mystery, as in if you see a "!" when you are creating a spirit without a recipe).
As a side note to this discussion, Risky Winds (one of the Forecast possibilities) doesn't appear in Beginner mode. It makes enemies tougher, and you drop 1.3 times faster, but helps with Spirit creation as described by Ngo0018. Munnystorm makes enemies drop more munny, Overcast makes Magic stronger for both you and your enemy by 20%, Bargain Flurry makes rare Dream Pieces available in the Moogle Shop, and HP Showers makes enemies drop HP orbs more often. The special enemy is in a Special Link Portal; beating that portal gives you extra DP. The special item is something common like a Potion; getting one before you drop gives you extra DP.
Oh, and the left square is active for this world during this drop, and the middle square is active during the next drop. It won't tell you the Special Item or Special Enemy for the next drop until you drop (It will show up on the bottom screen). Each world has its own Forecast setup.
Respond to this Question
You must be logged in to answer questions. Please use the login form at the top of this page.
|How do I trigger the reality shift in the 1st Ansem boss fight? (Critical Level 1)||Unanswered||SonicSora56|
|Where do I find the very, very important skills, like Dark Barrier and the others, at?||Open||Spartan_Jedi117|
|Undroppable Riku in postgame play?||Answered||maikataot4|
|How to get an Electricorn with Lightning Bolt disposition?||Answered||Karebu|
|Riku's Special Portals for TWtNW?||Open||twelveovertwo|