Question from ponyblu1234

What does/happends when you press "new save file" ?

I've been wondering what happends when you press "mew save file". I dont want to find out on my own cause im afraid it will delete my town can some one please tell me what it does?

ponyblu1234 provided additional details:

OK thank you now if you dont mind can you explain to me this question? Ok so i dont know how to get a swimsuit and someone said you have to pay off your house and tortimer will come but does that mean pay your house off completely? Or does it mean just the first expanstion?

Darkmega1123 answered:

When you so that, it creates a new character, but does NOT replace your other character. You move in to the same town as your first character. The new character is not a mayor and cannot carry out public work orders.
2 0

Answers

L5010 answered:

For the second question, first you pay the down payment, then you pay the next payment, after this the next day Tortimer appears on the beach and tells you a boat will start coming by to take you to the island starting the following day.
TLDR pay off the 98,000 payment and in a couple days you can make it to the island(don't forget about tortimer)
0 0

ponyblu1234 answered:

Acually L5010 you are wrong all i did was pay off my down payment and then couple of days later tortimer came and i went to the island so really you did mor ethen you have to all ya do is pay off the down payment and skip acouple of days just go day by day
0 0

camstan answered:

You only need to pay the down payment and then either play daily, or time travel day by day until Tortimer shows up and says he'll tell the Kappn' to start docking at the beach on the following day. By the way, it costs 1000 Bells per round trip to the Island, and the Diving Suits are about 40 Medals a piece, depending if Granny is selling them that day.
1 0

Emoxes answered:

Just to add a little bit, Granny has a 25% chance to sell a wet suit on any given day, however, in my case, it took a lot longer... also they come in many different colors, if you want to get one, then shoot for a certain color at some point later.
1 0