Wifi connection error.. is it because I'm using a 4G personal hotspot?

1. My friend and I are trying to visit each others' towns using wifi, but we keep both getting error code 018-0512 whenever we try to go to either town. Is this because I'm using my iphone's personal 4g hotspot to connect to the internet? Or is it something else? Currently I can't use wifi since the network I'm using requires both u/p which I don't think the 3DS can work with. What should we do?

User Info: Zehria

Zehria - 3 years ago

1. -----Thanks to Nintendo-----

Situation:

This error code typically indicates an issue communicating and matchmaking with other players.
    This is often caused by network firewalls blocking necessary network traffic.
    This can be caused by your network, or the network of the person you are connecting with. If these steps do not resolve your connection issue, have your friend try them as well.

Possible Solutions:

Check our network status.

Review our Network Status page and ensure there are no service notifications related to Nintendo 3DS matchmaking services.
    Power cycle your home network.

If you have been able to connect with others before, and this issue only recently started, power cycling your network may allow you to connect with others again. To power cycle your network:
    Unplug the power cable from both the modem and wireless router (if separate from the modem).
    After 30 seconds, plug the power cable back into your modem and wait for the lights to remain steady.
    Plug the power cable back into the router and wait for the router lights to remain steady.

User Info: SweetEevee9

SweetEevee9 - 3 years ago 1 2

1. to put it in easy words its the connection of the two ppls internet and is caused by incombatibility so you might have to get a friend to host it or try to get someone from this website to answer it sorry if I could not answer it

User Info: JoshtheLazyKing

JoshtheLazyKing - 3 years ago 0 0