Question from PrismsPalette

Asked: 1 year ago

Only 3 fossils a day?

So I always donate my fossils to the museum and I'm almost done filling it up too. Lately I have only been able to find 3 fossils instead of the usual 4. Does the game switch to only 3 fossils a day when you're almost done filling the museum?
Also I have a pathway and multiple flower gardens covering the grounds to my town. So there are very few areas for a fossil to hide. It doesn't take long for me to circle the town several times to check for fossils. So before someone say's that I just missed it, I do check everywhere, including behind buildings and trees and along the river's shore.

From: Externica 1 year ago

There are always four fossils.
If one or more fossil isn't found, it will remain at its hiding spot until you finally dig it out.

The answer from Externica is correct. I have been in this situation as well. They like to hide between flowers most times I can't find one but I wanted to make sure you knew that if you press UP on the lower directional pad, most items like houses, trees and bamboo disappear so that you can see the ground unencumbered. Between using those 2 suggestions, I can usually find it.