Question from casserly_mm

How do i get a 3 Stars Rating?

I've started out on 50cc and have came first in each race in a cup and got 10 coins in each but still only getting a 2 star rating? does anyone know how i why i'm not getting a 3 star rating??

MarioMastar answered:

Yeah, I fell off the track a few times and went off road and still got 3 stars on every course. I think it's like Mario Kart DS where you must:
- Drift boost as often as you can.
- Go for a very fast time
- Try to trick at every suitable oppertunity
- Stay on course as much as you can, only go off road with a boost or mushroom.
It seems much more lenient as it doesn't count items against you as harshly, nor does it count mistakes as long as you stay far ahead the pack. Heck in Special cup, I fell off the first track about 4 times and still got a 3 Star so you're allowed to make some mistakes it seems unlike Mario Kart DS/Wii
4 0

Answers

Yosher answered:

Don't get hit by many items, stay on the track without going offroad or bumping into walls, and simply finish as quickly as possible. I don't think the actual coin amount you finish with matter in the ratings.
3 1

RE4everMK answered:

In this game is quite easier.
Just finish with 40 points (win all races). You should be given 3 stars 90% chance.
1 4

sonicGO2HELL answered:

How to get a 3 star:
Make sure to have a proper racing line, going offroad is okay as long as you don't ram into wall too much.
Make sure to mostly if not always finish first in every race.
Falling off is okay, aslong as you don't excessivly do it, try to not fall off more than three times.

Just try to race clean and snake on every possible straight away.
2 0

Rejectdial answered:

Just be first in every race, which means getting 40 points total.
Every time I get 40 points I also get three stars; I got 38 points in one or two cups, which resulted in receiving only two stars.
1 2

DiscoJason answered:

Everyone saying you have to get 40 points to get 3 stars is not correct. I just ran a 100cc race and got 40 points and only got 2 stars.
2 0

keyblade_lord answered:

As far as I know, getting first place on every race, not going off-road, not falling off stage, not getting hit by items, drift boosting as much as possible, and staying in 1st place long durations.
0 0

Fruitpolo101 answered:

I have been trying to get 3 stars in 100cc Flower and Special cup for a while now, no matter what I do. I only fall off about once in the entire cups and I generally get 40 points and finish well ahead of everyone else. I've tried them both about 4 times each now.
0 0