Question from Kidlink77

Dodging Those Stupid Blue Shells. Is it possible?

We all love them at the back of the pack, and despise them in first place. So if you're in first, how do you dodge them? I'm pretty sure that if you're lucky enough to have a Star on you, you can easily plow through it. However, can a Mushroom save you in this game? I've kept hold of a Mushroom, predicting Blue Shells, but whenever I use the same timing as one would use in MKWii BS dodging, I still end up getting hit. Am I having a problem with the timing, or am I dreaming the impossible?

super_luigi16 answered:

It is possible to dodge a blue shell with a mushroom, golden shroom, star, and bullet bill. However to dodge with a mushroom, YOU MUST USE IT AT THE LAST POSSIBLE MOMENT. This video is a good example:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUpOWh6bm5w

Obviously stars, golden shrooms, and bullet bills make it much easier to dodge, as you can just activate any of them, and dodge the blue shell. It takes a lot of practice to move from the MKW timing to the MK7 timing, so keep at it! ;D
0 0

Answers

portmister answered:

It is impossible to dodge a blue shell unless you have a star. Constantly check to see if someone has a blue shell on the bottom screen and if someone gets one the only way you can really avoid it is if you drop out of 1st place temporary. If you are far enough ahead sometimes the best thing to do is just take the hit.
0 0

Blue Shells in Battle? Answered super_luigi16
Best place to use Banana and Shells? Answered SkullBasherX
Blue Seven Kart? Open FlareBlitz66
Blue Shell?! Answered SkullBasherX
How can you play as blue shy guy besides download play? Answered soada7x