Question from leghostbuster

What is the best strategy for 150cc special cup?

I have tried many times where I eather come in first twice and still loose or do bad completely

leghostbuster provided additional details:

I meant like a certain racer, cart,wheels, and handgliders. Give more than one example

jmario1 answered:

well I had the same problem too so I used yoshi+ bolt buggy+ standard wheels+ and swooper the flower glider(I don't know what is the name)
2 0

Answers

crpace answered:

Use a realy light guy and get high top speed karts for good speed and acceleration
0 2

Ventwig answered:

There are no "best" combinations.

But if you want to get around cheating AI, get a
High handling/accel and decent off road combination

like:
Toad + Cloud 9 + Wooden + Paraglider
or
Yoshi + Soda Jet + Roller + Flower Glider

But it's mostly what works for you
2 0

Wariofanatic answered:

Koopa/Toad/Lakitu + Bruiser/Blue 7/B Dasher + Mushroom wheels/Rollers + anyglider with accel boost is always good.
0 0

jmario1 answered:

I meant swooper or the flower glider
1 0

7up1001 answered:

Rank requirements:

The following are requirements to get a "One Star", "Two Star", or "Three Star" rank:

Get a final score of 40.

Lead most of the laps.

Stay in first place for a good period of time.

Do a lot of tricks on ramps.

Avoid having to use Bullet Bills to catch up.

Do not fall off edges too much (one or two times is acceptable).

If you get hit by many Spiny Shells and still win, this indicates that you are resistant and will probably have a high rank.

A perfect 40 is required for a "Three Star" rank. A "Two Star" rank ranges from 35 to 40. A "One Star" rank is 33 to 40 with most or all of these requirements.
0 1

Mishoshmop answered:

I beat it with: Toad + Bruiser + Mushroom wheels + Swooper

Try it ;)
1 0

Sasquatch8080 answered:

This may seem unorthadox, but a buddy of mine helped me out by saying that you need high acceleration and high handling in 150cc and Mirror mode. I did not have a single 3 star on any of the cups above 100cc. Once I switched to high acceleration and handling, I was getting 3 star rankings left and right. In fact, I now have all cups 3 starred. I did wonder why this works, but considering high speed gets you nowhere due to "rubberbanding," you have to pretty much cut corners as sharp as possible, and make sure you can get up and go after getting hit by shells, bananas, etc because it WILL happen. The loadout I run with is Lakitu, Bumble-V, Wooden wheels, and Golden Glider (though Super Glider would work fine too).
1 0

coolboy606 answered:

Ok I use
Bowser
I used the Blue Seven, Slick Wheels, And finally use the Flower Glider
0 0

150Cc? Answered SkullBasherX
Is it possible to get a 3 star rank on 150cc using Maka Wuhu glitch? Answered Knickknacks
Wiggler speed? Answered Bedsmith
Still online? Open ZebuFrenzy
What are the best off-road short-cuts for mariokart7 (using big wheels)? Open TheBiggestCheez