Is this game as easy as the old N64 version?

1. I remember spending 50 on this game back in 1997, and was really disappointed to complete it on my first go. Is this version any harder?

User Info: MACUK28

MACUK28 - 4 years ago

1. They actually made a N64 version that mimicked that type of difficulty and allowed you to manipulate the controls to be like that version. You can also play a version more 3DS-compatible.

In short, the game is a bit easier. If you didn't enjoy the N64 version due to too-low difficulty, don't buy it.

User Info: KeyBlade999

KeyBlade999 (FAQ Author) - 4 years ago 0 0

1. I don't think it's harder. It may be a little easier. I've looked on the Wiki page for this game and there is only 1 difference between this game and the old version for the Story Mode. The game can now be saved between the missions on each planet in the story. There are also a few changes in the way the planets look and one or two changes with the characters.

You can see exactly what changes have been made by going to this link:

starfox.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Fox_64_3D

User Info: btaylor2010

btaylor2010 - 4 years ago 0 1
  2. > Buy game
    > Unlock Expert Mode

There's your challenge. Expert Mode is pretty darn difficult, and if that's what you're looking for, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

User Info: Itai-shini

Itai-shini - 4 years ago 0 1
  3. This game isn't about going from start to finish - it's about multiple-choice paths and unlockables.

You wouldn't say that a Mario Kart game is short just because you can complete a cup in one sitting.

User Info: _SG

_SG - 2 years ago 0 0
  4. It's EASIER because you can't save on the n64 version and in the3ds version you can

User Info: Psychomantis775

Psychomantis775 - 1 year ago 0 0