Question from DigitalxGamer

What's up with the Land Roll?

I've tried to Land Roll several times, but all of my efforts have been in vain. I have tried to hold the control stick in the proper direction, but that doesn't work. I've used all of the buttons and those don't work. Is there something I'm doing wrong, is this an issue with the game, or was it done intentionally for some reason?

...I only noticed this when I started jumping off of the Goron City top floor to the second-lowest floor and took fall damage because Link didn't roll...when in the original, Link could Land Roll doing this.

Het_Nkik answered:

It's completely broken as far as I can tell. Doesn't work while jumping off of anything anymore. I've tried various heights: nothing.

HOWEVER, it still works if you fall STRAIGHT down off of something. Let go of a ladder or walk slowly off a cliff so that Link grabs the edge and then let go and then you can do the land roll fine.

Seems like a huge programming error that got somehow overlooked. Guess it's time to see if Nintendo can patch 3DS games.
3 0

Answers

Night00 answered:

Try pushing 'A' and 'Up when landing.
1 2

metalblazen answered:

It took me a while to get it. If you press A as soon as you land ( I generally tap it a few times beforehand as well) then he will roll. It is annoying at first, but once you get the hang of it it's useful, you don't roll off of small platforms anymore.
1 0

Brasileiro07 answered:

You need to press "A" the exact moment you land on the ground, you'll roll succesfully and avoid fall damage. it can be hard to time... but fall damage doesn't hurt that much anyways. Farthest fall i found in the game was from the top of goron mountain and you lose what? 1 1/2 hearts? big deal
1 1