Question from Silver2007

How does the Stone of Agony translate into this game?

I haven't gotten Ocarina of Time 3D yet (or even a 3DS), so I was wondering what using the Stone of Agony was like. Does it make the 3DS vibrate? (I'm not sure if the 3DS has that capability...) Is it replaced by something in-game, like the world shaking or a noise being used whenever you're close to a secret? Is it even in the game at all, or has it been removed? I haven't read anything that touches on this subject yet, so I'm hoping for an explanation...

From: masteramr 3 years ago

It's replaced by the Shard of Agony. Once you have it, when you approach a hidden grotto, you'll hear a dinging noise that gets louder as you get closer. Also, an image of the Shard of Agony will flash in the upper-left corner of the upper screen; it will flash faster (the timing matches the dinging sound) as you get near the grotto.

The previous user is correct and I will add that the 3DS does not have a built-in rumble (just like the DS), so it will not vibrate when the Shard of Agony detects a hidden grotto.