Fishing Problem?

1. I have read all the guides about fishing but I still have a big problem. As long as the fish is still in the water everything works out fine for me. But as soon as the view changes to Link's back I lose the fish! It is hard to see whether I have to push right or left at this moment, and the fish tends to get away many meters in a short time. It is especially hard to see since I stand on the log in the middle of the sea. As I seem to lose 9 out of 10 big fishes, I desperately ask for help.
    DDlan - 5 years ago

1. What's Jacob_power is saying is partly true.

When you are close catching the fish you must indeed pull the control stick back without pressing left or right.

In fact, you must do that the whole catch, sometimes with pulling the stick left or right (Left-down of right-down), but when the fish springs out of the water let your thumb go off the stick, because otherwise the fish escapes!
    When the fish is underwater again pull the stick down again and you will catch the 10/15-pounder!

ballie19 - 5 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Pull the control stick back. 
    Jacob_power - 5 years ago 0 1
  2. I never lost a fish when it jumps out of the water and I never let the stick go! The best way to avoid the fish scape it to chose a side (left or right) whichever you want and keep pressing it after the fish gets near enough to get out of the water. Don't change direction at that time or the fish may escape. Just hold down A+R buttons to reel it in faster and also hold down left-down or right-down and don't change direction until you catch it! Good luck!
    sonics1030 - 5 years ago 1 0
  3. Well I caught a 17 pounder and all I did was go left to right and so on every 5-10 seconds. Works for me on all the fish.
    Hope you catch a biggy soon!!

seb-4- - 5 years ago 0 0
  4. Did you even listen to the guy who sits at the counter?Simply hold A and R at the same time while pulling the knob back.Oh yeah and SEB CAUGHT A 17 POUNDER?!?!Strange s.e.b are my initials.
    twighlightgirl - 5 years ago 0 1
  5. It's not that convenient to use the middle, but there's big fishes at the sides of the pond. There you might find a sinking rod, that really helps for fishing bigger fishes. It was hard, but I did it.
    SuperMorshu - 5 years ago 0 0
  6. If you pull it left or right or reeling it fast at the moment it goes to Link's back, you can lose your fish easily. Pull it normally, then reel fast for a few seconds. Repeat the process.
    jamesbawndbiach - 5 years ago 0 0
  7. Try holding the control stick in all directions opposite of where the fish is. If the top arch of the pole comes below Link's waste pull it in a direction that pulls the pole higher
    shadowichigo - 5 years ago 0 0
  8. I also have no idea how to fish properly... but a caught a 19-pounder... twice.
    gallir - 4 years ago 0 2
  9. When you get a bite hold A and R to reel it then hold DOWN on the Circle pad, when close enough move the Circle pad LEFT or RIGHT till' Link reals it in. Good Luck, My record was a 20-Pounder
    LegendofZelda01 - 4 years ago 0 0