The death of all Kokiris? (kinda spoilers)

1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if my OoT lore is right, true Kokiris die if/when they exit the kokiri forest.

Now, we don't know if they would die the instant they leave the forest, or if they have X amount of time to return before they die, but that's not really important.

What's important is this: timed death or not, why on earth would they risk dying, at the end of the game, when they are seen dancing around in Lon Lon Ranch with everyone else? It's not like not being able to exit was a result of Ganondorf or something, since it is true even as a kid, before Ganondorf has anything to do with anything.

User Info: Darkunov

Darkunov - 4 years ago
    @Zero_Maniac I always figured they would die much like, for instance, people die if they change extremely fast from a place with a very hot temperature to one with an extremely cold temperature, in other words like something in their body wasn't able to adapt.

User Info: Darkunov

Darkunov - 4 years ago

1. I kind of think that it's moreso that they're going to age if they leave the forest...whereas I think the new Deku Tree in Wind Waker says that he keeps them as his little children...so yes they'll eventually die, but they're told they'll die nonetheless to keep them from leaving.

Another detail is the timelines, in the timeline where Link removes the curse on the forest temple and a new tree is able to grow. But the child timeline Link is returned to his first meeting with Zelda which happens after the Deku Tree's death...and in the subsequent games that follow that timeline (and the ones that follow Nintendo's new failure timeline) we see no Deku Tree and thus no Kokiri.

Just a thought

User Info: Akibaboy

Akibaboy - 4 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. True, although that may have been because of Ganondorf that they would die, or maybe random enemies. Since there's nothing to kill them, I don't see why they can't go out of the forest.

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac - 4 years ago 0 0
  2. I think that there were just random enemies about and kokiries are well... kinda weak (especially Mido)! Although I understand where the Deku Tree is coming from, What's stopping the enemies from coming IN huh?

User Info: shadowichigo

shadowichigo - 4 years ago 0 0
  3. I honestly just don't think the developers thought about it. *shrugs*

User Info: TheThirdDay

TheThirdDay - 3 years ago 0 0