Question from reploidzean

Hylian shield glitch?

I have the hylian shield (I got it from the treasure chest in the Grave area) and whenever I press R to use it, Link bends down and is shielding the ground. I am fighting fire enemies so I need to be able to utilize the hylian shield properly. The kokiri shield is NOT glitched but I need to use the hylian shield.

Zeldafan77 answered:

Have you gotten the Ocarina of Time yet? If so, then the shield is simply too heavy and big for you to hold properly. The Deku Shield is made of wood, and therefore is light and small enough for a child Link's age to hold in front of him. Your game is not glitched. When you say Link is shielding the ground, you do mean that the shield is up in the air over top Link like he's a turtle right?
2 0

Answers

Supperman88 answered:

As a kid, the shield is too heavy for young link to use. When you get bombs, the Hylian Shield will allow you to avoid damage from falling boulders. When you become Adult Link, you will be able to utilize it properly.
Hope I Helped!
0 0

LanLan12345 answered:

The Hylian Shield is pretty much Link's size and is too big to hold in front of him. It's only Adult Link who can hold it like it were the Deku Shield. That is all.
0 0