Question from WolfUrameshi

Making sinking lure legal?

I'm playing the 3DS version of the game. I already found the sinking lure and am trying to catch the loach/lunker with it. I already have the Golden Scales. Problem is, I was under the impression I could make the sinking lure legal. But when I talk to the fisherman to do so, catch a fish, then go to weigh it, he says that he will not give me an award because it was caught with an illegal lure.

What gives? Gimme my prize, damn it! XD Thanks.

WolfUrameshi provided additional details:

...Hello?

Answers

SmokeRulz answered:

Cross-posting from my other answer...

The trick is this: Find the Sinking Lure, but don't catch a fish with it. Once you find it, go to the Fisherman and make sure you pick the option "Let's talk about something else." He should then allow you to use the Sinking Lure because of your honesty in finding it. Now your catches won't be marked as illegal. You'll have to re-find the lure again if you exit the area and come back, though.

Full disclosure: I don't know if this works in the 3DS version. They may have removed it, though I don't see any reason why they would. I've never found the damn thing, so I can't confirm it myself.
1 0

Caerdon answered:

In response to SmokeRulz concern on it working in the 3DS version, it does, though every time you find the lure you have to talk to the fisherman to make it legal.
0 0