Review by Psycho Penguin

"WOW! Holy beejezus, Namco!"

The Tekken series has always been a very popular series, whether it is on Playstation or on the Arcade. That being said, the first two were good, but not incredible. Then came Tekken 3, and suffice to say, it blew everyone away! Including me. It was one of my favorite arcade games when it was first was released, and garnered its fair share of quarters from me. So when I first heard of the new Tekken game coming out for the arcade, I was excited. After all, all the other Tekken games had improved greatly over their predeccesors, and an improvement over Tekken 3 would be a dream come true for a lot of fighting game fans. Featuring a powerful graphics engine, I anxiously awaited the day that TTT would come to my arcade. When I finally got a chance to play it, was I disappointed? OH HELL NO!!!

Graphics (10/10): I would tell you there's something wrong with these graphics, but I would have to be pretty drunk to do that. These are some of the best graphics I have ever seen in a game! Ever. The detail in the charcater designs and backgrounds are incredible. Everything from blades of grass to tears running from someone's eye is beautifully recreated. The graphics in this game are incredible, if PS2 games look as good as this we'll all be in for a treat.

Gameplay/Control (9.6/10): Well, the gameplay is sort of like it was with Tekken 3, but there are a few new imporvements. New charcaters have been added, along with new moves. The moves also seem easier to pull off. The game seems to move quicker as well, and there are new counter attacks, throws, and other stuff to master. It will take quite a while to fully master this game.

Replay Value: High
Challenge: Medium

Overall (9.9/10): Almost perfection.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 03/21/00, Updated 07/16/01