Review by Psycho Penguin

"A great and addictive game"

Whoah nellie, Tetris is good and all, EGM< but the best game of all time? You made the comment that "Tetris will never get boring", sure it never will but neither will Crash 2, at least for me. Anyways, enough babbling. You all know what Tetris is. It is clearly one of the best games ever created. The object of the game is to move descending blocks and arrange them in a straight line. Each piece has a different shape, so it gets complicated after a while. The graphics are good and look very well, considering the game is the first one on that black and white portable sytsem also known as game boy. And the graphics don't really matter much at all, considering the fact that Tetris has never been about graphics, only about gameplay. And that's what more games (Mario, Metal Gear Solid) can learn from. I am sick and tired of playing all these games that focus only on graphics and neglect control and gameplay (which are the two most important factors in a game) Overall, Tetris is a great and innovative puzzle game that Nintendo done very well. This game helped seel many Game Boys and judging by the quality of the game it isn't hard to see why.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 07/16/01