Review by Psycho Penguin

"It was good for its time, but better games have passed it by"

The World Wrestling Federation has always had it share of video games, from the days of King of the Ring on the NES to the recent explosion of games like Wrestlemania 2000 and Smackdown. There have been some great ones, some good ones, and some god awful ones. So where does WWF Warzone stand? Well, it is a good game, but it does not belong in the elite group of Wrestlemania 2000 and Smackdown. It was good for its time, with its realistic, motion capture graphics and good gameplay, but every wrestling game released since absolutely kills this game. And since I didnt actually love this game to begin with, I never play it now. There really is no need to.

Graphics (4.5/10): Are those motion capture graphics I see? Yes, for the 1st time ever in a video wrestling game, there are motion capture. So the wrestlers look much more realistic than those featured in games like Wrestlemania 2000 or Revenge. However, Revenge looks a lot better than Warzone, because Warzone appears too dark and drabby. More colorful arenas and better enterances would have made the motion capture graphics seem even better.

Music/Sound (6.4/10): Warzone also featured commentary, which I believe is the first for a wrestling game. The commentary is good, but overall is a little lackluster. The boring chants from the crowd don't help either, and I do wish there was music played during the match. I loved it in Revenge because it got me pumped up for a match but this feature was not included in Warzone.

Gameplay/Control (4.3/10): WWF Warzone has good gameplay for its time but has since been surassed. The gameplay is very slow overall, and the moves are hard to pull off. The motion capture charcaters didn't help the gameplay.

Overall (4.1/10): Do not play this, only buy it for a collection.

Reviewer's Score: 4/10 | Originally Posted: 03/11/00, Updated 07/16/01