Review by Psycho Penguin

"One of the better WWF wrestling games around"

Some of the best WWF games came on the NES. Save for one losuy title (WWF Wrestlemania: Steel Cage Challenge) the games for NES have been pretty good. WWF Wrestlemania Challenge continues the long run of good WWF wrestling games. The game featured lots of good modes, plenty of wrestlers, and some pretty nifty graphics. I recommend checking the game out, especially if you're a WWF fan.

Graphics (8.1/10): This might have been one of the few wrestling games to feature an unique ''3/4'' view to the ring. Instead of being a side scrolling wrestler, you are viewed from above, diagonally. Anyways, the ring looked very nice and the charcater models were very well done. The game's graphics could have used help in the speed department but overall they are very well done.

Music/Sound (7.0/10): The music that played while you wretsled was okay but nothing special. The sound effects were average for a NES game, and better than the ones featured in Steel Cage Challenge. The music and sound effects were well done.

Gameplay (8.3/10): WWF Wrestlemania Challenge did feature good gameplay overall. The game featured a nice variety of modes at the time: Singles, Singles Championship, Tag Team, Tag Team Championship, and Survivor Series(3-on-3 elimination for this game, not 4-on-4) The game featured 6 wrestlers: ''Hacksaw'' Jim Duggan, The Big Boss Man, Brutus ''The Barber'' Beefcake, Andre the Giant, Hulk Hogan, ''Macho King'' Randy Savage, and ''Ravishing'' Rick Rude, plus a fake wrestler labeled as ''Yourself.'' The moves were easily pulled off, but again, due to the lack of buttons on the NES controller there wasn't a particularly big variety of moves to choose from.

Replay Value: Medium Challenge: Medium

Overall (7.4/10): This game represents another great NES WWF wrestling game. I would look into it if you are a WWF fan. I did, and I like it.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 03/05/00, Updated 07/16/01