Review by Psycho Penguin

"A pretty dull chess game..."

Okay, I am a huge fan of chess. I am a member of the chess club in my school (as well as being on the sports teams). So I know how to play chess, and i know a good chess game when I play one. Unfortunately, this isn't one of them. As a matter of fact, Battle Chess may be the most boring and worst chess game evr created. Ever.

GRAPHICS 4/10
-Look, the game's screen looks like a chess board. All the pieces look like they're supposed to, as well. yeah right. instead of looking like regular chess pieces, the developers thought it would be a brilliant idea to make the pieces look like actual guys. Too bad they were wrong. Way wrong.

PLAY CONTROL 2/10
Moving your pieces is a chore with that little hand icon moving you around. Totally sucky.

GAMEPLAY 4/10
It's a chess game. Basically, you have a slew of pieces, each of which have their own regualtions and stuff as to where you can move them. If you play for points, each piece is worth a certain amount of points. The object of the game is to put the king in "Check Mate", which is basically forcing your pieces to block the king, and if the king can't move onto a space without being captured, you win.

FUN FACTOR 3/10
I didn't even mention the stupid battle screens that take forever to do. Just take away the dang piece! This game is boring, dull, and too stupid for my liking. Chess never looked, or played, so bad.

Reviewer's Score: 4/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 07/16/01