Review by Psycho Penguin

"What an amazing masterpiece!"

Welcome to Masterpiece Theatre

Steve: Hello, and welcome to yet another edition of Masterpiece Theatre! I am your host, the very handsome Steve McFadden!

King Broccoli: Steve Blackman is the sexiest man alive.

Steve: Thank you for your ensightment, King.

King Broccoli: Anytime, Steve.

Steve: Before I do my review, care to share your thoughts on this game?

King Broccoli: THIS IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER!! HOW COULD YOU EVER GIVE IT A 1?

Steve: Lack of playing time. But now that I have played it more, I really have taken a liking to it. It simply is an incredible game, one of the best to come out on the NES.

King Broccoli: I definitely agree, Mr. McFadden

Steve: Let me give a rundown of the game real quick. This is my review on the game.

-Screen fades and the review of the game is shown.-

Graphics (9/10): The graphics in the game are some of the best I have yet to see on the old NES. At first, you may be distracted by the backgrounds in the game, because they tend to take away from the overall experience of the game. But once you get used to the colorful backgrounds featured in the game, it is really no big deal. The cool thing about the graphics in the game are the fact that the Incredible Crash Test dummies are in this game, and they all look very well designed in the game! There is nothing cooler than racing around with a couple of Crash Test Dummies, trust me on this one. There is little graphical breakup once you get used to the controls in the game. Overall, the graphics in the game are awesome, besides the fact that some of the backgrounds in the game could get a tad distracting.

Music and Sound Effects (7/10): One of the most disappointing aspects about this game is the fact that there is no voice acting featured. Now, I know for a fact that it is really difficult to include voice acting in a NES game, but I wish the developers of the game would have tried to include some voice acting. How cool would it have been to include some decent voice acting in the game, with the Incredible Crash Test Dummies saying ''buckle your seatbelts!'' throughout? That would have been awesome. Regardless, the sound effects are still pretty good. Music wise, there is nothing here really worth listening to, although everything is pretty decent. Overall, the music and sound effects in the game are solid, nothing amazing.

Gameplay and Control (10/10): As some of you may know, the first time I reviewed this game I had played it for a total of 3 minutes and 42 seconds, so right there I made a huge mistake, because I never really learned how to play the damn game. The control does take some time to get used to, I will admit that. It si rather unique because your character decides to move left and right at times without you controlling him. I figured out the reason for this. See, if you get hit by an enemy while racing, the enemy will literally knock you backwards. So, if you are making progress and run into a pothole, you will zoom back some. Then your guy starts to flash and all sorts of chaos ensues, its fun. The key to this game is timing. Once you get the hang of the stages, this is one of the most fun games ever. The mere fact that you can race along with the Incredible Crash Test Dummies is good enough in my eyes, but the added fact that this is a good game makes this one of the best games you can find. I seriously underrated it the first time I reviewed it, once you get the hang how to play it, it is an incredible game.

Replay Value (High): This game is simply so addictive, it is one of the most addictive games I have ever played! At first you might think that the game would have little replay value because it seems like a kids game, but then you realize that the type of gameplay that it provides is simply unrivaled. This is simply a dream game that has plenty of replay value!

Challenge Level (Medium): This is a challenging game, at first, utnil you get a hang of it. Once you figure out the basic gameplay and control to it, and the patterns to the stages, you will have a very fun time playing, and the game becomes less of a challenge, and suddenly becomes a challenge for ''all of the right reasons''.

Overall (10/10): Dear god almighty, how could I give a game like this a 1? Its called lack of playing time. Give this game a little bit of time, and you will find one of the most incredible games ever made. It is simply a gem. Not quite as good as the Backstreet Boys or Heroes of the Lance, of course, but come on, nothing's better than those! This game gets top reccomendation from me!

King Broccoli: That's what I am talking about!

This game gets blown down my Mr Posterior: How dare you compare a game like this to a group like the Backstreet Boys, they are the best band ever! Backstreet Boys totally rule! And so does Britney Spears! I am a teeny bopper! Where's my issue of Tiger Beat?

King Broccoli: We'll take care of him now.

McFadden: Join us for our next episode of Masterpiece Theatre where we discuss the almighty game called Heroes of the Lance.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 08/09/00, Updated 07/16/01