Review by Psycho Penguin

"Hehehe.. You're basically this little thing shooting things :)"

Widget is a very interesting game that I was suckered into buying four years ago. When I first got the game, I hated it. I hated it a lot, actually. But over time, after playing it again and again, it kinda grew on me, but not to the point of being an average game. But it's a pretty good game.. especially for those who have yet to hit puberty.

GRAPHICS 8/10
The charcater and enemy designs are pretty good, and the main character Widget (whatever he is) looks pretty good. The enemy designs are great, too, and so are the designs of the powerups. But there is little design in the backgrounds, espeicllay in the earlier stages. The graphics are decnet, especially for a kiddy NES game.

CONTROL 9/10
Look, the control is great!!! Joy!!!! Seriously, I am getting sick and tired of the games that have terrible control, therefore ruining your enjoyment of the game. The control in Widget is great.

GAMEPLAY 6/10
Look at me, Mommy!!! I'm this little purple dude running around shooting bullets at bad guys. Wow, what a concept. This game is alright, but I still get a feeling of deja vu. For the type of game it is, it is decent but there are far better choices out there.

FUN FACTOR 5/10
This is a decent choice for kids, but teens and up should put their time to better use.

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 07/16/01