Review by Psycho Penguin

"Spend 10 hours building a city and ten seconds destroying it..."

SimCity 2000 is definetly my favorite PC game of all time, as well as being one of my favorite games of all time. SimCity 2000 is all about building a city, while trying to raise money. So basically you are a city planner. You have an option to send a natural disaster after your city at any time, like a tornado or something, and thats pretty cool. But I never use that feature much anyways, because I dont want to destroy my precious city :) Anyways, SimCity 2000 is my favorite of all the Sim games because I like to build cities. The replay value is good as well. Definetly one of the all time classic games.

Graphics (8.7/10)
The graphics in the game are very well done overall. The game is a 2D strategy game with a ''3/4'' overhead view, like other strategy games on the PC. The buildings each look like their real life counterparts, and the level of design in the graphics is staggering. One problem is that some of the different areas look a little too plain. But overall, good graphics.

Music/Sound (9.3/10)
I love the music in this game. The game has a very nice beat to it and is well done overall. Also the sound effects are quite good as well. The sounds of placing and knocking over buildings are dead on accurate. Overall great sound effects.

Gameplay/Control (9.9/10)
SimCity 2000 is a great game where the object of the game is to build a city. This means that you must take over everything, and build stuff like pipelines, water towers, and power lines. Its great. It is realistic in that in order to get power to a house, you need to connect power lines to it, and from a power plant. The amount of different options, ranging from types of bridges to types of power plants, is staggering.

Replay Value: Very High
Challenge: Medium

Overall (9.8/10)
Ive never actually ''beaten'' it because I just go build a city without worrying about money. Great game.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 03/05/00, Updated 07/16/01