Review by Nexxt

"A great expansion for a great game"

Introduction

Real Time Strategy games are in my top 3 favorite games so before I bought this game, I knew I was going to love it, and I was right! I like everything about it! The new characters, the new missions, the new storyline! This is the single best real time strategy game I have EVER played. As well as an awesome single player, this game has an unbelievable multiplayer. Battle.net is one of the greatest things ever. Play against people from all over the world.

There's no improvement over ''Starcraft'' but can you really improve perfect? There's a perfect blend of lighting effects and textures. The one and only thing that could have made the graphics any better, would have been to make them in full 3-D. The details on the buildings are a HUGE upgrade to Blizzards other real time strategy game, Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness.

Excellent, the game is so easy to play it's not funny. It only gets easier when you learn to use hotkeys. You can command 100+ men all at once. Trust me, the feeling of rushing into somebodies base with 100+ men and literally tearing them apart is unbelievable. As for moving the screen around, you simply move the mouse and the screen moves around the playing field.

Storyline: 9/10

This also has not changed too much since the first one, but a new Overmind has been born, and that spells doom for the terrans and protoss. It also seems that some groups of terrans are throwing soldiers into a ''pen'' with zergs for experimental purposes. Once again, each species' storyline changes as you complete the missions. Some brand new characters make their way into the game this time around. Well, some returning ones that are ''mutated'' and other retuning ones that play basically the same role they did before.

I love the sound of the drones cutting away the minerals with their cutters. It sounds so real. And all of the characters have their own way of responding to you, when you click on them. Even the way some of the buildings sound when you click on them. Clicking on an evolving Zerg building almost made me throw up, it sounds so gross, but realistic at the same time.

Rent/Buy

Buy. Even if you're not a fan of Real Time Strategy games, you soon will be, Just remember that since it is an expansion pack, you have to have ''Starcraft'' installed on your computer.

Overview