Review by A.K.A

"I Can't Think Of One That's Better"

Gameplay – 10

You could play this game for days and days. They have several different ways of snowboarding. They are freestyle, which is when you are by yourself and you are racing for time, or trying to get trick points. Board park is where you can practice your moves. Competition is where you can battle the other computer-simulated characters in races, in which the starting rank is determined by a jump contest to show off your moves. There is Big-Air mode, where you go off a huge jump to try to land some big tricks. There is also master big-air, where you can show off your skills, when they say you can. And lastly, there is the half-pipe mode, which is exactly as it sounds. You go down a half-pipe and get judged in several different categories to get a final score for your run. You can even make your own board!! This has so many things to do; you will be playing this for a while. There are many courses and secret characters to unlock, which usually takes the longer to get than beating the game.

Audio – 9

The sound is very good. It has many, many songs to choose from, as well as lots of commentary from a guy that seems to follow you everywhere... The songs are pretty cool, and they fit the game and the places where they are played very well. The music and commentary can get really aggravating though.

Graphics – 8

Ooooh...that is what I said when I saw the characters. This is where the game lacks a little. The graphics, to say the least, were bad. Blocky characters and courses make it really feel like you are in a video game, not the effect of you being in the game. But, even after that, the animation was really smooth and flowing, and the detail of the boards was very nice.

Replayability – 10

Every once in a while, I get the urge to play this again. I have had this game since it first came out, and I am not sick of it. By the way, it came out in 1996. Long lasting game that can be fun alone, or even more fun with friends.

Overall – 10

Overall a very high quality game. Sure the graphics were lacking a little, but it did come out in ’96. I love gameplay versus graphics. Most games have a balance of either one. Either good graphics and bad gameplay or vice versa. I usually like it mostly gameplay, some graphics. That was what this game was all about. It is definitely the best snowboarding game I have ever played. Definitely buy, as it is probably super cheap by now, and to rent it will probably cost the same as to buy it.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 08/06/02, Updated 06/22/03